Co-op: Engineer - Cab Living & Interior (Fall 2020)
CO-OP ENGINEER IN CAB LIVING – SUPPORTS A TEAM OF PRODUCT RESPONSIBLE ENGINEERS AND DESIGNERS WITHIN THE CAB INTERIOR LIVING ENVIRONMENT
- Work along side engineers responsible for various complex Cab Living (Interior) components or systems - responsibilities include contributions to concept development, supporting detailed engineering design, solving problems on current products, prepare engineering documentation and facilitating the administration of deliveries for the Interior Living – the Living team is responsible for cabinets, wall trim, headliners, floor mats and other interior trim related components
- You will be empowered to manage the quality, timeliness and accuracy of your deliveries; embracing accountability and ownership within your area of assigned responsibility
- You will learn cross functional team work skills working with counterparts in other departments – stakeholders include Purchasing, Product Design, Aftermarket/Parts/Service, Manufacturing and Quality - you will participate in these teams of stakeholders as the team ensures that all stakeholder’s needs and requirements are balanced and satisfied
- You will be exposed to applicable regulatory demands for components and systems and will be part of ensuring our products meet those demands
- You will have the opportunity to learn about and understand complex injection molded interior components and soft trim systems and the processes that make them
- You will participate in knowledge sharing efforts across the broader Cab organization, locally and globally, amongst permanent staff and amongst a group of student peers
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
채용프로세스 단계별 안내
지원서를 제출하면 확인 이메일이 발송됩니다. 이후 지원서는 개인프로필에서 수정할 수 있습니다.
인터뷰를 선택하면, 다음 전형인 2차 인터뷰, 평가에 대한 정보를 받을 수 있습니다.
최종 합격발표 이후 제출하신 채용서류는 당사에 보관하거나 지원 직무와 유사한 채용공고에 활용하실 수 있습니다.
입사 후 볼보그룹코리아의 일원으로서 역할을 다할 수 있도록 교육을 받게 됩니다.