Co-op: Engineering, Powertrain Validation (Fall 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work within Powertrain Engineering to assist with Drivetrain Evaluation. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of Powertrain Engineering within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the instrumentation, testing, documentation, and logistics of performance testing on Class 8 vehicles. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the transportation industry. The applicant will leverage different concentrations within engineering to achieve an understanding of the complete vehicle and its performance characteristics. Interest in and basic experience with vehicle operation are required. This position will report to the Director of the Greensboro Powertrain Office.
- Troubleshooting ability and root cause analysis skills to solve complex problems on modern vehicles.
- Creation of and repair of instrumentation and harnessing on-vehicle.
- Assist experienced engineers in development and documentation of testing procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and collaborate well with others.
- Provide status and progress reports to management.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Report generation and data analysis.
- Hands on testing with Class 8 trucks.
- Hands-on experience with vehicles, service, and troubleshooting.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing an engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit from the university for their co-op period
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
채용프로세스 단계별 안내
지원서를 제출하면 확인 이메일이 발송됩니다. 이후 지원서는 개인프로필에서 수정할 수 있습니다.
인터뷰를 선택하면, 다음 전형인 2차 인터뷰, 평가에 대한 정보를 받을 수 있습니다.
최종 합격발표 이후 제출하신 채용서류는 당사에 보관하거나 지원 직무와 유사한 채용공고에 활용하실 수 있습니다.
입사 후 볼보그룹코리아의 일원으로서 역할을 다할 수 있도록 교육을 받게 됩니다.