Lead Engineer – Powertrain Response Engineering
Group Trucks Technology is seeking a Lead Engineer to work in our Powertrain Response Engineering (PRE) team in Hagerstown, MD. The Lead Engineer will work within a small team, in some assignments act as technical team leader, to improve customer satisfaction by increasing the capacity to resolve technical challenging issues. He or she should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the PRE team within GTT, the Lead Engineer will have the opportunity to work cross functionally and directly with all the engineering teams.
We are looking for an exceptionally technical, creative and team oriented Lead Engineer to drive the technical work to implement innovative solutions. This is a role for a powertrain Development technologist who is passionate about solving complex challenges who can generate new ideas into tangible improvements in Powertrain technologies. If you are someone who relishes shaping complete system concepts, then this is the job for you. The Lead Engineer is expected to possess the know-how to identify and develop solutions from concept selection to production and to lead a cross functional team in doing so. The Lead Engineer will be responsible to provide concept & prototype verification and validation from both functionality and user experience perspectives, prior to production implementation. This individual is expected to play a key role in providing difficult technical direction to solve difficult and complex product design solutions. The role requires an agile, networked way of working as well as an open mindset and passion to add value to our product. For this team the focus is on getting stuff done, so we are looking for action oriented, curious and entrepreneurial individuals. This position will report to the Group Manager of Engineering for the Powertrain Response Engineering Team.
Responsibilities of the Lead Engineer include
- Very critical to have troubleshooting ability and root cause analysis skills to solve very complex and difficult technical product issues
- Ability to clearly summarize and communicate complex cross functional issues
- Knowledge and ability to apply a system level solution across the entire powertrain (Engine/Transmission/Axle/ECU) and interfaces with the vehicle and environment
- Strong internal network and ability to pull a technical team together within Powertrain Engineering (global and local) and to other business areas (Q&CS, purchasing, etc.)
- Develop and create a severe “killer” test with correlation to real world failures
- Good knowledge of how the powertrain is utilized by customers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate well with others, both local and global teams
- Provide status and progress reports to management
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Report generation and data analysis skillfully
- Hands on Cell, truck, bench/lab testing, in some cases the testing could be performed externally.
- Provide guidance to fellow team members on powertrain calibration and performance team activities.
- Lead focus areas within the team and prepare and present technical/design reviews.
- Attention to detail
- Broad Network
- Complete Powertrain / vehicle technical knowledge
- Ability to utilize Root Cause analysis and FMEA methods to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Mechanical Engineering (preferably), Electrical Engineering, or another engineering degree from an accredited school required
- Master of Science preferred
- Minimum 7 years of related engineering experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Action oriented with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Motivated to solve problems and develop quality solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to successfully collaborate with global and cross-functional colleagues
- Innovative mindset with customer focus
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
지원서를 제출하면 확인 이메일이 발송됩니다. 이후 지원서는 개인프로필에서 수정할 수 있습니다.
인터뷰를 선택하면, 다음 전형인 2차 인터뷰, 평가에 대한 정보를 받을 수 있습니다.
최종 합격발표 이후 제출하신 채용서류는 당사에 보관하거나 지원 직무와 유사한 채용공고에 활용하실 수 있습니다.
입사 후 볼보그룹코리아의 일원으로서 역할을 다할 수 있도록 교육을 받게 됩니다.