Intern: LVO Factory Support (Summer 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Project Support and Front Office department as a Factory Support Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Project Support team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with engineering but within the production environment. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Project Support and Front Office Group Manager.
- Investigate manufacturing and assembly issues related to GTT product design
- Analyze manufacturing and assembly problem reports to determine the best course of action required to resolve problems and to implement cost effective solutions
- Actively work to eliminate GTT design issues that contribute to demerits on factory product audits
- Work with the design groups to release clear and accurate documentation of design solutions to manufacturing
- Investigate assembly and manufacturing information affecting product development as required by the GTT design groups
- Support publishing of weekly report which informing the Engineering organization of issue resolved
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Access, Excel, Project)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Visual Studio integrated development environment (IDE)
- Strong Proficiency with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) & VB.NET
- Good understanding of the Microsoft SharePoint framework
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
채용프로세스 단계별 안내
지원서를 제출하면 확인 이메일이 발송됩니다. 이후 지원서는 개인프로필에서 수정할 수 있습니다.
인터뷰를 선택하면, 다음 전형인 2차 인터뷰, 평가에 대한 정보를 받을 수 있습니다.
최종 합격발표 이후 제출하신 채용서류는 당사에 보관하거나 지원 직무와 유사한 채용공고에 활용하실 수 있습니다.
입사 후 볼보그룹코리아의 일원으로서 역할을 다할 수 있도록 교육을 받게 됩니다.