Engineering Group Manager - Chassis Structures and Analysis
Chassis Engineering in Greensboro, North America, now has an exciting opening and we are looking for a Group Manager to join our department.
Would you like to be part of and lead a strong team in the development of future chassis solutions that includes electrification and automation? Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere surrounded by highly skilled co-workers? Does the chance to develop new and advanced chassis solutions for Mack and Volvo Truck excite you?
Then this position may be the right one for you!
Chassis Engineering is a highly skilled team in charge of the chassis development for the North America truck brands in the Volvo Group. We develop components, systems and complete chassis for conventional trucks as well as for electro-mobility and automation.
This position will report to the Chief Engineer for Chassis Engineering Greensboro.
Responsibilities and Main Tasks
As Engineering Group Manager for Chassis Structures and Analysis, you are responsible to lead a team of engineers and deliver solutions for multiple large and small-scale projects.
The team has three main responsibilities. Functionally, the team is in charge of the chassis ladder consisting of frame rails, crossmembers and front towing as well as the suspension for the cab and engine. Secondly, the team is responsible for structural analysis and complete vehicle simulation. Finally, the team leads chassis packaging work. The team works in close cooperation with many different functions and departments.
We are seeking a leader that has a desire to work with and develop people and product, has team spirit along with energy, high integrity, and a strong desire to deliver results. You will:
- Lead and organize the engineering group
- Achieve set goals and all deliveries in terms of budget, time & quality
- Be the Product Owner and lead the roadmap for technical area in North America
- Take an active part in the Chassis Engineering management team and contribute to development of department
- Drive and support resolution of technical and quality issues
- Drive and support technical decisions on subsystem/component level with global and cross-functional network
- Improve and develop interfaces towards other functions and departments in order to make the daily operation more efficient
- Review and approve engineering documentation and deliverables
- Develop personnel and secure competences for future demands and needs
- Implement and develop processes as necessary
- Model and foster desired core values and behaviors
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field, required. Master's degree preferred
- 8+ years of product development experience in automotive industry, preferably in trucks development
- Project management experience is a merit
- Previous leadership experience as a manager with direct reports is a merit
- Good understanding of heavy duty trucks is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Builds effective teams
- Drives engagement
- Action oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
채용프로세스 단계별 안내
지원서를 제출하면 확인 이메일이 발송됩니다. 이후 지원서는 개인프로필에서 수정할 수 있습니다.
인터뷰를 선택하면, 다음 전형인 2차 인터뷰, 평가에 대한 정보를 받을 수 있습니다.
최종 합격발표 이후 제출하신 채용서류는 당사에 보관하거나 지원 직무와 유사한 채용공고에 활용하실 수 있습니다.
입사 후 볼보그룹코리아의 일원으로서 역할을 다할 수 있도록 교육을 받게 됩니다.